The purpose of the Lester L. Dahms Memorial Foundation is to promote the study and practice of parliamentary procedure. One way of doing this is to sponsor the Dahms-Bierbaum Workshop each year. A committee is authorized to award, at their discretion, a scholarship to a qualifying college student. Applicants are cautioned that the workshop schedule offers intensive coverage of some aspect of parliamentary procedure which leaves little time for college class work.
The Dahms-Bierbaum Workshop Scholarship covers:
- The registration fee which includes three meals [Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner];
- The cost of a single room for Friday and Saturday nights;
- A travel allowance of up to $400.00 which must be documented
Additional expenses including incidentals, tips/gratuities, and other meals are not included.
The scholarship recipient is required to initially pay all travel and hotel room costs and will be reimbursed, upon providing sufficient documentation, immediately after the close of the workshop. If the student fails to arrive on time, leaves before the end of the workshop, or does not participate in all the workshop activities to the end, the travel allowance and room costs will not be reimbursed.
The successful candidate will:
- be at least 18 years old by November 1 of the workshop year
- be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university or other post-secondary school that is approved by the Dahms-Bierbaum Workshop Scholarship Committee
- have fully completed an official application form and sent it to the scholarship committee chairman postmarked by October 1 of the workshop year
The applicant will return the completed official application with the required attachments to the committee chairman to be received by October 1, 2023. The application may be submitted via US postal mail or by scanning and e-mailing. All applicants shall be notified of their status on or before October 10. Questions?